Sunday, January 12, 2014

Poor Doggy

Poor Doggy


There was a dog
dead
on the side
of the road.
his head was busted
open, and
his tongue was hanging
out.
His name was Dutch,
or Mufasa,
or Tulip,
or Holland,
or whatever, it
doesn't really matter.
I saw him lying
there
alone.
All I wanted to do was
give him
one last hug
before he died.
Rewind time
and tell him,
“It’ll be alright.”
Even though it wouldn't.


It made me wonder
why don’t I
take this
application to people?
We’re all going to die.
But, instead,
I’m too focused on
myself and
what I can accomplish
before I end up
dead
on the side
of the road
head busted open
tongue hanging out.
Or
however I go.
I wonder
if
when that day comes
people will want to
rewind time 
to give me 
one 
last hug, and
tell me,
“It’ll be alright.”

No comments:

Post a Comment