Saturday, January 18, 2014

It is what it is

It is what it is

I’m buried
in a cycle
of dead-end
jobs.

“Apply here,
call them,
you’ll get an interview…
a job…”

whatever.


I waste hours
applying here
and there.

I do assessments
for jobs
I’ll never
get, and
don’t want.

Everyone around me has
found
their calling.
Or at least
makes a living.

And me?

I’m buried
in a cycle
of dead-end
jobs.

It’s worse
than being
homeless.
I humble
myself to
apply for
stupid shit-head
sales jobs, insurance jobs,
bank jobs, retail jobs.
Low-end-scum-
of-the-Earth type
jobs.

Jobs I’m
over-qualified for. But,
the employer thinks
otherwise.

The pressure is on
to maintain
life,
relationships,
family.

However,
I think
I’ll just disappoint
everyone
by
being buried
in a cycle of applications
to dead-end
jobs that I
can’t get.


I’m just so tired of hearing how
easy
it is to get a job here or there
from people who have had
EVERYTHING
handed to them.

I'm just so tired of hearing how
I need to stoop
to someone's definition
of success by
becoming a conformist,
a hedonist,
a materialist,
a control-freak afraid of
whatever imagined failure
they think there is
(we all die, don't we?)

Then I think,
why am I so desperate
to be in
servitude
to such
fucking idiots,
who can't even see
beyond the tips
of their noses,
anyways?

No comments:

Post a Comment